- Setting up your service desk
- Creating service desk request types
- Making queues for your service desk teams
- Adding service desk agents
- Customize your service desk channels
- Bring your service desk to the next level
- Introduce customers to your service desk
- Explore a sample project
You'll need a working Jira Service Desk instance to complete this tutorial, and we have installation instructions for both Windows and Linux operating systems.
If you have an existing Jira Service Desk site, skip ahead to create a service desk project. If your administrator has set you up as a project admin for an existing project, jump to Step 2 to create your request types.
Create a project
Jira Service Desk comes with default project templates that you can use to suit your team's needs. There are three templates you can choose from:
- The Basic Service Desk template is set up for internal business teams, like HR, finance, or small IT teams. The template comes with just a few recommended request forms and is easy to customize and expand with your needs.
- We recommend the IT Service Desk template for IT teams who maintain a more complex infrastructure. The template comes with ITIL-inspired workflows for change, incident, and problem management.
- If you help external customers and want to collect bug reports or take suggestions for new feature, we recommend the Customer service desk template. The template comes ready for your customers to request technical or billing help, and report issues.
For now, let's get you set up with a basic service desk project.
If you're working with an existing Jira Service Desk instance, select Projects > Create Project from the the top navigation bar of your instance. If you've just installed and set up Jira Service Desk, you'll have the option to Create a new project by selecting Create new project.
Select "Basic Service Desk" as the project type.
Name your project. In this example, we'll use the project name "Charlie Travel Franchises". The project key should be automatically populated, but you can change the key if you'd like. If you see options to link another application, leave these options unchecked.
- Select Submit to create your project.