This page covers how to quickly install and activate Team Calendars.
If you are currently using the old Confluence Calendar Plugin, follow the migration process before you install Team Calendars.
On this page:
Install Team Calendars
1. Get Your License
Visit https://my.atlassian.com, generate a license key for Team Calendars and save it.
Next, install the plugin and insert your license.
2. Install the Team Calendars Plugin
- In Confluence, go to Confluence Admin > Find New Add-ons.
- The in-product Atlassian Marketplace view appears. Search the Marketplace for Team Calendars.
- Once you've found it, click Buy Now to download and install the Team Calendars add-on to Confluence.
- Once Team Calendars is installed, follow the prompts to get a license, if you haven't already, or return to the 'Find New Add-ons' page and click the
Manage button next to Team Calendars to open the license entry dialog. If you are renewing your license, just click Renew.
- Paste your license key into the field provided and click Update.
You can also manually download the Team Calendars Plugin.
3. Configure JIRA Application Links for Team Calendars
To enable a JIRA connection in Team Calendars, you must carry out the following steps.
In Confluence, click Browse > Confluence Admin > Application Links.
The Application Links dialog appears. Here, create an Application Link to your JIRA instance by clicking Add Application Link. Full instructions for this process are here:
Configuring Authentication for an Application Link.
Now, you must install or upgrade and enable the Team Calendars JIRA Integration Plugin on your JIRA instance to enable JIRA to send information to the calendar. The Team Calendars JIRA integration plugin is installed in JIRA 4.3.0+, but you will need to update it via the Universal Plugin Manager or download the latest version from the Atlassian Marketplace. See the Universal Plugin Manager documentation for details on how to do this.
Once this is complete, you should be able to add JIRA events in Team Calendars and see the projects you are expecting to see in the drop-down menu. If that works, you can go ahead and start Using Team Calendars.
4. Migrating from the old Confluence Calendar plugin
If you have the old Calendar Plugin installed on your Confluence instance, you will need to go through the following process to migrate to Team Calendars.
- Firstly, back up your Confluence instance.
Export your data from the old Confluence Calendar Plugin and back it up. Export all the calendars you wish to migrate as iCal files from the calendar interface. Do this for all of the calendars that you have configured.
This can be done manually for each calendar by clicking "Download":
To help you identify all the places where Calendars exist in your system, you can run this SQL:
- Remove the old Confluence Calendar Plugin, by clicking Browse>Confluence Admin>Manage Add-ons and entering 'Calendar' in the Filter Visible Plugins field.
- When found, click the 'Calendar' add-on entry to expand it, and then click the Uninstall button to remove it from Confluence.
Note that any existing pages set up to use the old calendar plugin will no longer work, as the Team Calendars plugin replaces it and has a different syntax.
- Follow the steps at the beginning of this page to install and activate Team Calendars.
- Re-import your old calendar data from your backed-up .ics files:
- From your dashboard, click on 'My Calendars' or use direct link (https://<confluence>/calendar/mycalendar.action).
- Click on 'Add Calendar' and choose 'Import Calendar' from the drop down list.
- Add those calendars back into the Team Calendar view. Your old Calendar data will now be restored.
Update your license key
When you renew your Team Calendars license you will be provided a new license key. You will need to manually apply this key in Confluence.
To view your license key, or apply a new licence key:
- In Confluence, go to Confluence Admin > Manage add-ons.
- Locate the Team Calendars add-on and expand to see more details.
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon beside your license key.
- Paste in your new license key and click Update.