This document explains how to use translations.atlassian.com site to translate Atlassian Products into local languages.
To translate Atlassian products into your local language please follow the instructions below (you will need to log in with Atlassian ID to translate).
- Visit the Atlassian Translations site and click Translate link in your language:
- You will be presented with the translation page:
You can use the search dropdowns at the top to select:
- the product you wish to translate
- the product version
- the group of strings, for example Dashboard or Administration
- the status of the translation, for example In Progress, Accepted or All
You can also enter a search term in the search box to find strings that match the query.
- Start translating!
If you are not logged to your Atlassian ID account you will be asked to login:
A few tips:
- Start with translations that are "In Progress"
- A translation that is "In Progress" has been suggested by an automated translation.
- If the translation is correct, just vote for it and it will become the accepted translation.
- If the translation is not correct, just click 'Retranslate' and provide the correct translation.
- If you see a translation in an Atlassian product that is incorrect (e.g. JIRA):
- Copy the text of the incorrect translation from the product.
- On translations.atlassian.com, enter the text in the search box next to the Products and Versions to find that translation.
- Click Retranslate to provide the correct translation (if you cannot find the specific translation, please use directions from the following page: How to fix incorrect JIRA or Confluence translation).
Getting the latest language packs installed
Once you have finished translating, you can get the updated language packs into your local installation. Simply click the Download link in the left menu to see the following page:
In order to enjoy new translations:
Click the jar file link to download the latest language pack (please watch the file date and time - it might take few minutes for the service to generate fresh language pack containing latest translations)
- Install downloaded language pack via 'Administration > Add-ons' in your application.
Please note that only selected set languages is available in JIRA and Confluence Cloud: Language Support in Atlassian OnDemand
Please note that only accepted translations are included in the language packs. The highest voted translation is accepted automatically. Email us if you need a vote to make your translation accepted.
It might take up to few minutes for the service to generate fresh language pack containing latest translations.
Please email feedback to the Atlassian Translations team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also email us if you need a vote to make your translation accepted.