Where can I see the slides, and a recording of this webinar?
- The webinar recording can be found on this page.
- The slides can be found here
Where can I watch recordings of the Voice-of-the-customer webinars?
Can I extend the Widget Connector to support more sites than are currently supported?
Yes. We will be providing instructions shortly on how to do this. Our Widget Connector documentation can be found here.
Is possible to embed content that needs authentication with the widget-connector?
Some widget providers provide a token in the url that can be used to retrieve the content. If the widget provider supports this, then you can embed secure content with the Widget Connector.
Are you going to offer any custom stylesheets for download?
Does the office connection make it easier to send documents FROM office to the wiki?
Yes. One of the things the Office connector does is allows you to import documents from Word and convert them into Confluence pages. You can see more at http://atlassian.com/office
Does the office connector also support edit of documents?
Yes. You can edit documents within MS Office, OpenOffice or NeoOffice.
Does the Office connector support office 2007 documents?
- The Office Connector bundled with Confluence 2.10 does not currently support native Office 2007 documents (e.g. .docx, .xlsx, .pptx) in Confluence 2.10.
- However, we are planning to provide this support in the next major release (currently planned Confluence 3.0 for first half 2009).
- In the mean time, Office 2007 allows you to save your files to the Office 2003 format (e.g. .doc, .xls, .ppt).
Does Office Connector work with Vista?
Does the Office Connector support saving from Office 2008 for Mac to Confluence directly?
- Not currently
- We are planning to provide this support in the next major release (currently planned Confluence 3.0 for first half 2009).
- We do currently support NeoOffice for Mac.
Does the office connector work when hosted on linux?
Does / will the Office Connector support Visio?
Does / will the Office Connector support Open Document Format (ODF)?
If you use the Office Connector plugin and include wiki markup in a Word document, will it display correctly when viewed in Confluence? For example, links to other wiki pages?
- Most wiki text is displayed correctly. Your particular example, links to other pages, are not.
Rich Text Editor
Do you support Google Chrome or plan to in the future?
As Google Chrome is built on Webkit, the same engine as Safari, the Rich Text Editor should work on Chrome. However, we have disabled it until we can test it further, possibly in 2.10.1 or 3.0.
JIRA Issues Macro
Can I display custom colums in the JIRA issues macro?
We are currently using version X.X. How is the upgrade path and difficulty?
Do you know if the Scaffolding plugin is compatible with 2.10?
- Yes, we tested it with 2.10. There was a bug fixed by the Scaffolding team, so check if you need to upgrade Scaffolding too.
How do you upgrade from noe physical server to another?
Do I need any specific system requirement to support 2.10 features?
Are there any plans for making upgrades easier?
We want to make upgrades easier. We are introducing Plugins 2.0 for a long-term improvement of the situations (plugins will be written against a better defined, more stable API), and our new QA team is also testing many popular plugins for general compatibility with new Confluence versions. We have started this for the 2.10 release, and will extend that process over time
Is theme builder compatible with 2.10
Yes, Adaptavist has released a new version recently. 3.3.2 is compatible, according to their website/Twitter.
What performance improvements have you made in Confluence 2.10?