Managing External Referrers
An external referrer is any site that links to your Confluence instance. Each time someone clicks on the external link, your Confluence site can record the click as a referral.
By default, external referrers for a page are listed under 'Hot Referrers' on the 'Info' screen of the page. Confluence shows a maximum of 10 referrers. If there are more than 10, confluence shows the 10 with the highest number of hits.
Note that you do not need to enable trackback in order to have external referrers enabled.
Screenshot: hot referrers on the page information screen.
To manage your external referrers:
- Choose the cog icon , then choose General Configuration under Confluence Administration
- Choose 'Manage Referrers'.
The following actions will be available:
- Record or ignore all external referrers: By default, Confluence records the number of hits made to a page from the link on the external site. If you turn this option off, Confluence will not record the hits.
- Show or hide all external referrers: By default, Confluence lists the external referrers as 'Hot Referrers' on the 'Info' screen of a page, as shown below. If you turn this option off, external referrers will not be listed on the page.
- Specify which external referrers to exclude: You can decide which referrers you want to exclude from being displayed on your site.
Screenshot: Manage external referrers
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!