Learn about Atlassian Data Center
What is Atlassian Data Center?
Data Center is Atlassian’s self-managed enterprise edition, built to support your organization’s needs as you grow.
Data Center products provide advanced capabilities and services in several areas including security and compliance, user management, infrastructure automation, reliability, and more to help you easily manage enterprise-grade Atlassian deployments.
Learn more about the benefits of Data Center on our website.
Data Center products
We offer a Data Center edition for the following Atlassian products:
Data Center products come with a suite of advanced features designed for enterprises managing mission-critical Atlassian deployments.
Take a look at our feature guides for a detailed look at capabilities available with your Data Center license:
- Confluence Server and Data Center feature comparison
- Jira Server and Data Center feature comparison
- Bitbucket Server and Data Center feature comparison
- Crowd Server and Data Center feature comparison
Data Center products are designed to support your organization’s deployment strategy, giving you more architecture and infrastructure flexibility:
- Non-clustered (single node)
- Your own hardware
- Public cloud providers (AWS and Azure)
We’ve created a deployment guide to help your compare and choose the right option. See Atlassian Data Center architecture and infrastructure options
Licensing and pricing
Data Center is offered as an annual subscription (also known as a fixed term license). In addition to your Data Center license, you’ll want to consider some other costs:
- Any additional hardware – for example, a load balancer for clustered deployments.
- Any IaaS (infrastructure as a service) costs – if you choose to deploy on third-party cloud providers like AWS or Azure.
- Data Center app licenses. If you run Server apps on your current Server instance, you may need to move to the Data Center-approved version of the app when you upgrade your product license.
- Any third-party tools needed to maintain and monitor your Data Center deployment.
Data Center apps
You can extend Atlassian products by installing third-party apps (also known as add-ons or plugins) from the Atlassian Marketplace.
Many Marketplace apps offer a Data Center approved version – built with highly available, clustered environments in mind. These apps undergo a rigorous testing and validation process, managed by Atlassian in conjunction with vendors, to ensure they perform reliably and consistently in large-scale Data Center product environments.
Moving from Server to Data Center? If you currently have apps installed on your Server installation, you’ll also need to upgrade your apps to the Data Center version – if one exists. Learn more about how Data Center app licensing works.
We're here to help