FishEye 2.10 upgrade guide
Below are some important notes on upgrading to FishEye 2.10. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, please read the FishEye 2.10 release notes.
- As of FishEye 2.10 the RepositoryAdminService API enforces permission checking. If you're writing a plugin that uses that API make sure to use ImpersonationService.doPrivilegedAction to execute the calls in priviledged mode.
- Note that as of FishEye 2.9 the JDBC driver for MySQL is no longer bundled with FishEye/Crucible – due to license restrictions the MySQL JDBC driver cannot be bundled with FishEye/Crucible. Please download the driver from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/ and install it to the FISHEYE_INST/lib directory. For more information see Migrating to MySQL.
On this page:
Before you begin
- Test your upgrades in your test environment before rolling into production.
- Back up your entire FishEye instance (see Backing up and restoring FishEye data):
- If you are backing up your FishEye instance using the Admin interface, tick all of the 'Include' checkboxes (e.g. repository and application caches, plugins and their configuration data, SQL database, etc).
- If you are backing up your FishEye instance using the command-line interface, do not use any exclusion options.
If you are already running a version of FishEye, please follow the instructions in the general FishEye upgrade guide.
Checking for known issues and troubleshooting the FishEye upgrade
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to upgrade your FishEye installation, please check for known FishEye issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes Atlassian finds out about a problem with the latest version of FishEye after the software is released. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the FishEye Knowledge Base. Please check for any known issues in the FishEye Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the FishEye upgrade? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the FishEye Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.