FishEye 2.5 Release Notes
8 February 2011With great pleasure, Atlassian presents FishEye 2.5, providing vastly improved source code searching and DVCS authentication.
Highlights of this Release:
Responding to your Feedback:
Over 150 votes satisfied
Highlights of FishEye 2.5
FishEye's Quick Search functionality has been redesigned from the ground up. Among the improvements:
- Faster search breaking out results by content type
- Improved layout for easier scanning
- Smarter search results with results prioritized to the top by modified time
- For each path, view the top three most recent branches with a modification of that file
Redesigned Activity Stream
We have spent a considerable amount of time improving the FishEye activity stream:
- Cleaner visual design
- Larger avatars
- Improved scanability
- De-cluttering of UI elements, showing actions on hover
- Space-saving condensed mode so you can see more changesets on the same page
- Embedded images are thumbnailed
Mercurial and Git Authentication
We have added http(s) and ssh authentication for Git and Mercurial repositories, allowing you to more easily browse your private repositories hosted on popular sites such as GitHub and BitBucket. FishEye now supports http authentication with passwords and ssh using public/private keypairs. You can let FishEye generate a pair and upload the public key to your hosting provider or upload a private key (passphraseless only) to FishEye if you prefer.
FishEye 2.5 introduces some fine tuning for rendered RSS feeds. RSS content is easier to digest (better titles) and allows you to consume FishEye activity through your favourite RSS reader. We render wiki-markup in RSS which will allow you to click through links and view images inline.
FishEye 2.5 tracks locations that you have recently visited, and provides quick and easy access to navigate to these resources. The five most recently viewed repositories, projects, users and reviews (if Crucible is installed) are available from the header drop down links as shown:
And Even More Improvements
- The Universal Plugin Manager
- Complete branch selector support for Subversion repositories
- Oracle support when FishEye is teamed with Crucible
Visit our issue tracker to see the full list of improvements and bug fixes in FishEye and Crucible for this release.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!