FishEye 2.5 Upgrade Guide
Below are some important notes on upgrading to FishEye 2.5. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, please read the FishEye 2.5 Release Notes.
On this page:
- FishEye 2.5:
- This release will trigger an automatic upgrade of the metadata index the first time FishEye is started. FishEye is still usable while this task runs in the background, however the search functionality will not contain all results. A warning will appear in the UI until the upgrade has complete. Please also see How do I Avoid Long Reindex Times When I Upgrade
- Some RSS readers may duplicate items when first fetching feeds after upgrading because RSS titles have changed.
Before you begin
- Test your upgrades in your test environment before rolling into production.
- Back up your entire Fisheye instance (see Backing up and restoring Fisheye data):
- If you are backing up your Fisheye instance using the Admin interface, tick all of the 'Include' checkboxes (e.g. repository and application caches, plugins and their configuration data, SQL database, etc).
- If you are backing up your Fisheye instance using the command-line interface, do not use any exclusion options.
If you are already running a version of FishEye, please follow these instructions on FishEye upgrade guide.
Checking for Known Issues and Troubleshooting the FishEye Upgrade
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to upgrade your FishEye installation, please check for known FishEye issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes we find out about a problem with the latest version of FishEye after we have released the software. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the FishEye Knowledge Base. Please check the FishEye 2.5 Known Issues in the FishEye Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the FishEye upgrade? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the FishEye Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.