FishEye 2.7 Upgrade Guide
Below are some important notes on upgrading to FishEye 2.7. For details of the new features and improvements in this release, please read the FishEye 2.7 Release Notes.
On this page:
- When FishEye 2.7 is upgraded, it will run a one-time upgrade task that will create a new index of file revisions, and minor database indexing tasks. These should have no functional impact and should complete in a few minutes.
- FishEye 2.7 adds ActiveObjects support, which allows plugins to store configuration data in the database. Any already scheduled backups will not have plugin data included during backups. Please modify your scheduled backup configuration appropriately to include ActiveObjects backups.
- If you are using Custom authentication, FishEye 2.7's managed repositories have changed the responsibilities of the
com.cenqua.fisheye.user.plugin.FishEyeAuthenticatorclass. For external repositories the
hasPermissionToAccess()method is still invoked to check whether a user may access a particular repository. For internal or managed repositories,
hasPermissionToAccess()is used to determine whether a user has both read and write access to the repository.
If you are already running a version of FishEye, please follow the instructions in the general FishEye Upgrade Guide .
Checking for Known Issues and Troubleshooting the FishEye Upgrade
If something is not working correctly after you have completed the steps above to upgrade your FishEye installation, please check for known FishEye issues and try troubleshooting your upgrade as described below:
- Check for known issues. Sometimes Atlassian finds out about a problem with the latest version of FishEye after the software is released. In such cases we publish information about the known issues in the FishEye Knowledge Base. Please check the FishEye 2.7 Known Issues in the FishEye Knowledge Base and follow the instructions to apply any necessary patches if necessary.
- Did you encounter a problem during the FishEye upgrade? Please refer to the guide to troubleshooting upgrades in the FishEye Knowledge Base.
- If you encounter a problem during the upgrade and cannot solve it, please create a support ticket and one of our support engineers will help you.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!