JIRA and Crowd authentication
Use JIRA to manage FishEye users
You can manage your FishEye/Crucible users in JIRA.
This section does not apply to JIRA Cloud; you can't use JIRA Cloud to manage your FishEye users.
To manage your FishEye users in JIRA, you first configure a connection with JIRA, then set up the user directory in FishEye. Both steps are described below.
In JIRA, configure a new connection for user management:
- Log in to JIRA Software as an admin with the 'JIRA System Administrators' global permission.
- Click the 'cog' menu in the JIRA header bar and choose User management.
- Choose JIRA user server (in the left-hand panel), then click Add application.
- Enter the Application name and Password that FishEye will use when accessing JIRA.
- Enter the IP Address or addresses for FishEye. Valid values are:
- Click Save.
In FishEye, set up the JIRA user directory:
- Go to your FishEye administration screen.
- Click Authentication (under 'Security Settings').
- Click Setup JIRA/Crowd authentication. Note, if LDAP authentication has already been set up, you will need to remove that before connecting to JIRA for user management.
Make the following settings:
Authenticate against Select a JIRA instance Application name and password Enter the values that you defined for your application in the settings on JIRA. JIRA URL
The web address of your JIRA server. Examples:
Auto-add Select Create a FishEye user on successful login so that your JIRA users will be automatically added as a FishEye user when they first log in. Periodically synchronise users with JIRA Select Yes to ensure that JIRA will synchronize all changes in the user information on a regular basis. Change the value for Synchronise Period if required. When Synchronisation Happens Select an option depending on whether you want to allow changes to user attributes from within FishEye. Single Sign On Select Disabled. SSO is not available when using JIRA for user management and if enabled will make the integration fail.
- Click Next and select at least one user group to be synchronised from JIRA. If necessary, you could create a new group in JIRA, such as 'fisheye-users', and select this group here.
- Click Save.
For further information, see the JIRA documentation here: Allowing Other Applications to Connect to JIRA for User Management
Use Crowd to manage FishEye users
Atlassian's Crowd user management application can be used with FishEye.
You set the basic Crowd properties, such as the application name, password and URL, using the FishEye adminstration screens, as described in Integrating Crowd with FishEye in the Crowd Administrator's Guide.
You can also fine tune your Crowd integration by overriding the default Crowd properties, such as the session validation interval and SSO cookie name, by manually editing the
config.xml file in your FishEye installation directory. See Integrating Crowd with FishEye for details.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!