After purchasing and applying a license Fisheye reports that the maximum number of users has been exceeded
After purchasing a license and applying it to a instance previously licensed with an unlimited user trial, Fisheye/Crucible displays the following banner:
Nothing is logged to the application log.
Every user with the 'Access to Fisheye' permission consumes a Fisheye license. When synchronizing with external directories such as a Jira directory, or LDAP, a greater number of users than the number of licenses available can be granted access.
Reduce the number of users by either deleting or deactivating users or synchronizing with a subset of users if you are using an external user server.
If you are using Jira as an external user server with a 10 user license for Fisheye/Crucible, follow these directions:
- In your Jira instance, navigate to Administration > User Management > Groups
- Add a group called "fisheye-users".
Note: If you name the group "fisheye-users", they will automatically have access to Fisheye/Crucible, when you sync this directory. If you decided to give the group a different name, please follow point 8 to manually assign permissions to that group. Make sure the sum of users who have permissions (in the new group and the default Fisheye internal group doesn't exceed your license number).
- Click on the "fisheye-users" group to manage which users belong to it by clicking Add/Remove Users
- Go to the Admin panel of your Fisheye instance.
- Navigate to User Settings > User Directories
- Click Synchronize to the right of your Jira directory.
- Navigate to Security Settings > Groups. Check that the users (and the number) in your fisheye-users group are correct.
- You can also check/set permissions for Groups under Security Settings > Global Permissions.
For more detailed information on user management in Fisheye, you can consult Managing users and groups in Fisheye.
For versions of Fisheye 3.x.x, the following instructions apply:
f you are using Jira as an external user server with a 10 user license for Fisheye/Crucible, follow these directions:
- Create a group in Jira called "fisheye" and populate it with 10 users.
- In Fisheye you will then elect to only synchronize this group:
- Navigate to: Administration > Authentication > click the "Edit" button under "Jira/Crowd Authentication" > click "Next"
- Only select the user you created in Jira under "Groups to synchronize"
- Click "Save"
- Click the "Re-Sync" button on the following page.