Check out a branch
When you check out a branch, you should already have a local clone of the parent repository. The Bitbucket interface gives you the basic command for checking out a branch.
- Go to the repository's Source tab.
- Use the dropdown to filter for the branch you want to checkout.
- Press the (clone) button.
The system displays the appropriate clone command for your branch.
- Copy the command for checking out your branch.
- From a terminal on your local machine, change to the root directory of your repository clone.
- At the command line, enter the command copied from Bitbucket and press ENTER.