Check out a branch
When you check out a branch, you should already have a local clone of the parent repository. The Bitbucket interface gives you the basic command for checking out a branch.
- From the repository's Branches tab, click the branch you want to checkout.
- Press the Check out button to display the appropriate check out command.
- Copy the command (or choose Check out in Sourcetree if you'd rather use Sourcetree).
- Open the terminal on your local machine and change to the root directory of your repository.
- At the command line, enter the copied command from Bitbucket and press ENTER.