Create a repository
If you're starting from scratch and have no files, create a repository on Bitbucket Cloud and then clone it to your local system.
- Click Repositories > Create repository or the Create new repository link.
- Choose a repository Owner.
This only appears if you are creating under an account with membership in one or more teams.
- Enter a Name and Description for your repository.
- Tick Private if you want to hide your repository from the general public, so that only selected people can see it.
- Select the Repository type.
- Click Create repository.
Clone your repository when you're done creating it.