Create a repository
If you're starting from scratch and have no files, create a repository on Bitbucket Cloud and then clone it to your local system.
- Click + in the global sidebar and select Repository under Create a new.
- Choose a repository Workspace.
- Enter a Repository name that will describe your repository and appear in its URL.
- Keep access to your repository set to Private unless you want to make your repository public so that anyone can see it.
- If you already have files that you want to add to your repository, select No from Include a README? Otherwise, go with the default option or select a one of the included README options.
- Select the Version control system. If you don't know the difference, keep Git as the default system.
- Click Create.
Clone your repository when you're done creating it.