Update access to a team repository
You can control access to your team's repositories by adding groups and users to a repository. To create groups, go to the User Groups page of your team or individual account settings.
If you create a new group for your team, it doesn't get automatically added to your existing repositories. To grant the new group access to existing team repositories:
- Open the repository Settings and click User and group access.
- From the Groups section, click Select a group and scroll down to your new group or start typing its name in the text box.
- After you've found the right group, pick the access level from the next dropdown:
- Admin–Allows users to do everything a repository owner can do: change repository settings, update user permissions, and delete the repository.
- Write–Allows users to contribute to the repository by pushing changes directly.
- Read–Allows users to view, clone, and fork the repository code but not push changes. Read access also allows users to create issues, comment on issues, and edit wiki pages.
- Click Add to add the group to the repository.