Set up your site
You'll need your own Jira Core Cloud site for this tutorial. If you haven't got one yet, don't worry, we'll take you through the process below.
If you have a Jira Core Cloud site already, but have not set it up yet, skip to the Set up step.
Sign up for a Jira Core Cloud site
Signing up for Jira Core Cloud will provide you with a fully-functional Jira Core Cloud site.
- Go to the Jira Core Cloud sign-up page and get your free trial.
- Complete the sign-up steps. The credentials you enter here will be the administrator credentials you need to sign in later on.
- Grab a quick coffee (or tea) because it will take about 10 minutes for your Jira Core Cloud site to be created.
Set up your new site
Open your site in your browser (e.g. https://mytrial.atlassian.net) and log in as the administrator.
We're going to change the site logo and color scheme. If you've already done this, click Next, below.
- Select the Jira icon (, , , or) > Settings > System
- Select Look and feel in the User interface section
- Choose a logo image file or URL to upload (the logo appears at the top of the sidebar).
- Select Upload Logo
Your logo is uploaded and the the color scheme for your site is automatically updated to match the logo color scheme. You can manually change your color scheme in the Colors section of this page.
- Scroll down to the Date / time formats section to select your preferred format
- Keep the other look and feel settings the same for now
Success! You now have a new Jira Core Cloud site set up. Now, let's create a project for your team.