Customize your service desk channels
Service desk customers can contact your team in two ways:
- send you requests via a web portal
- email requests to an email account that you link to your service desk project
Let's customize the customer portal and add an email account so customers can contact your team.
Add a name and logo to your portal
Add a name and logo so customers associate this service desk with your team and organization when they create requests:
- In your service desk project, select Project settings > Portal settings.
- Edit your customer portal name and introduction text by typing in the outlined fields:
Save any edits by selecting .
- Add a logo by selecting Use a custom logo for this Customer Portal.
- Select Save logo.
Link an email account
In addition to sending requests from the customer portal, customers can create requests and communicate with your team by email. Jira Service Desk Cloud projects come with a default email address that you can use without having to manage an external email inbox. If your team already has an support mail address, you can link the project to that, too. Here's how:
- In your service desk project, select Project settings > Email requests.
- Email requests are turned off by default, so turn them on now.
- Select Add email account and fill in the requested details.
- After you link an email account, watch your inbox for a test email. We'll also create a test request in your service desk project.
If you use POP, make sure the email account you choose for this channel has an empty inbox so you don't lose any existing emails.
Publicize your service desk
Now that your service desk project is ready to receive requests, you can share the service desk email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and a direct link to the customer portal with your customers.
You can give one or both of the following URLs to your customers:
- The URL to a customer portal. Give this URL to your customers if you've enabled public signup and want them to sign up for accounts on their own.
- The URL to the help center, which is a collection of all the portals that customers can access. The URL is:
To publicize your service desk, you can:
- Post a link on your intranet
- Add a hyperlinked button to your web portal
- Email your customers and let them know about the new, easy way to get help!
You're done setting up your service desk project! Continue on to learn more advanced tips that will help you better track your team's progress and serve your customers.