Error: VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX) in Virtualbox
This Knowledge Base article was written specifically for the Atlassian Server platform. Due to the Functional differences in Atlassian Cloud, the contents of this article cannot be applied to Atlassian Cloud applications.
This version of Hipchat Server is no longer supported
This article applies to a version of Hipchat Server which is beyond the Atlassian End of Life policy, and is no longer supported.
The following versions have been deprecated:
- Hipchat Server 1.3 (EOL Date: Aug 17, 2017)
The following versions will be deprecated soon:
- Hipchat Server 2.0 (EOL Date: Jun 17, 2018)
- Hipchat Server 2.1 (EOL Date: Dec 8, 2018)
- Hipchat Server 2.2 (EOL Date: May 30, 2019)
You can read more about Atlassian's End of Life policy here
You should upgrade to a more recent version of Hipchat Server as soon as you can to take advantage of new features, and security and bug fixes. If possible, you should also consider deploying Hipchat Data Center instead.
While trying to boot up Hipchat Server using Virtualbox, you received the error on the interface:
VT-x is not available. (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX)
- Using VirtualBox to boot up Hipchat Server OVA.
The Virtualization option is not enabled for the CPU in the local machine's BIOS and this is required since Hipchat Server guest OS (Ubuntu) is 64-bit.
- Enable the Virtualization option in the local machine BIOS and restart the computer.
- If the BIOS does not have a Virtualization option or it is already enabled, please see this virtualbox forum post for additional workarounds.