Functionality lost as Hipchat Server/Data Center license expires
Platform Notice: Server and Data Center Only - This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
What is affected?
When a license expires in Hipchat Server/Data Center:
- New users cannot be created or reactivated once they are deactivated.
- Mobile push notifications will no longer function.
- Atlassian Support will no longer be available.
- Integrations from marketplace.atlassian.com cannot be installed.
- Atlassian Cloud integrations for HipChat (JIRA, Confluence, etc) will eventually be disabled
What is not affected?
- Room and private chat messaging will remain unaffected.
- File uploads will work as intended.
- Email and in-app notifications will function normally.
- Clients (mobile, web, desktop) will still connect and function normally.
- Existing integrations (assuming that the third-party servers are still up) will still work.
- Atlassian Server integrations (i.e. JIRA or Confluence) will not be affected (either installing or existing).
- Community support for HipChat Server/Data Center will still be available at community.atlassian.com.
- In-app video will still operate as normal (however, the HipChat video service will be discontinued shortly after EOL).
A license's expiration can be checked by:
- Logging into the Hipchat Server/Data Center administration panel and navigating to 'Server admin' >> 'License'
- Logging into the Hipchat Server/Data Center terminal/command-line interface and executing
hipchat license --show
- Logging into https://my.atlassian.com/ as a Billing and/or Technical account contact and viewing the license.
Apply New License
To resume complete functionality of Hipchat Server or HipChat Data Center, apply a valid license by:
- Logging into the Hipchat Server administration panel and navigating to Server admin >> 'License'
- Logging into the Hipchat Server terminal/command-line interface and executing
hipchat license --import=LICENSEFILEwhere 'LICENSEFILE' is the absolute path to a file containing nothing but the license key. More at How To Import A Hipchat Server License Via The Command Line
As of July, 2018 Atlassian will no longer issue new HipChat Server or HipChat Data Center licenses. If you have an existing license, we can renew the license up until July 26th, 2019. Please contact us to get started.