Loading user presence status or chat history is very slow on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad)
This article only applies to Atlassian's server products. Learn more about the differences between cloud and server.
This is for an outdated version of Hipchat Server
This article applies to a version of Hipchat Server which will be deprecated soon. After that period the version will no longer be supported.
The following versions have been deprecated:
- Hipchat Server 1.3 (EOL Date: Aug 17, 2017)
- Hipchat Server 2.0 (EOL Date: Jun 17, 2018)
- Hipchat Server 2.1 (EOL Date: Dec 8, 2018)
The following version will be deprecated soon:
- Hipchat Server 2.2 (EOL Date: May 30, 2019)
You can read more about Atlassian's End of Life policy here.
You should upgrade to a more recent version of Hipchat Server as soon as you can to take advantage of new features, and security and bug fixes.
The iOS app running on an iPhone or iPad takes minutes to load the following:
- initial user presence statuses
- user presence statuses changes
- chat history in rooms and 1-on-1 conversations
- Hipchat Server 2.2.4
- Hipchat for iOS v3.16.2
Run an SSL check against your Hipchat Server FQDN from your Hipchat Server and verify that your certificate chain is invalid:
openssl s_client -showcerts -connect <your_hipchat_url>:443 -CApath /etc/ssl/
- Disabling Require certificate validation doesn't let you get to the login screen.
You don't have a valid SSL certificate installed in your Hipchat Server.
Install a valid SSL certificate in Hipchat Server, refer to Hipchat Server SSL Installation and Troubleshooting Guide to learn more about the errors and how to fix them.