Mac HipChat desktop app: How to clear preferences
If you recently updated to a new version of the OSX client and you encounter a repeated crashing or freezing issue or otherwise can't get it to login or load data correctly, please try signing out and back in. This will fix many issues related to updated versions.
Sometimes, issues arise which require that preferences and cached data are cleared. In order to do this follow the steps in the Resolution, below.
Clear all of your existing preferences and cached data, essentially making the next time you launch the Mac desktop app a "fresh" start.
- Close your Hipchat app
- Open Keychain Access (search for Keychain Access in Spotlight)
- Click the "login" keychain in the top pane of the left sidebar
- Click "passwords" in the bottom pane
- Search for "hipchat" using the search box in the upper right and remove any associated entries from the list
- Open Terminal (search for Terminal in Spotlight)
At the command prompt, enter the following commands:
defaults delete com.hipchat.HipChat rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.hipchat.HipChat.plist rm -rf ~/Library/HipChat/ rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/hipchat/ rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/com.hipchat.HipChat rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/HipChat rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.hipchat.HipChat/ rm -rf ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.hipchat.HipChat.savedState rm -rf ~/Library/WebKit/com.hipchat.HipChat