Where can I download old releases of the Hipchat Server OVA/AMI?
Platform notice: Server and Data Center only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
This is for an outdated version of Hipchat Server
This article applies to a version of Hipchat Server which will be deprecated soon. After that period the version will no longer be supported.
The following versions have been deprecated:
- Hipchat Server 1.3 (EOL Date: Aug 17, 2017)
- Hipchat Server 2.0 (EOL Date: Jun 17, 2018)
- Hipchat Server 2.1 (EOL Date: Dec 8, 2018)
The following version will be deprecated soon:
- Hipchat Server 2.2 (EOL Date: May 30, 2019)
You can read more about Atlassian's End of Life policy here.
You should upgrade to a more recent version of Hipchat Server as soon as you can to take advantage of new features, and security and bug fixes.
Users need to download older releases of the Hipchat Server OVA for testing upgrades, troubleshooting, and other purposes. There does not seem to be an easily accessible archive of older Hipchat Server OVAs available. Where can we get them?
We do not publish the old OVAs/AMIs because:
- they might be less secure than the newer versions if security issues are discovered
- users/admins who start their deployments on old versions might run into bugs that are already resolved in newer versions
For AWS deployments, admins should rely on EBS snapshots to clone an environment.
The Hipchat Server Support Team can provide the OVA on a one-off basis to customers who are testing upgrades.
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article