Windows / Linux Configuration File
Platform notice: Server and Data Center only. This article only applies to Atlassian products on the server and data center platforms.
This article and its contents are not supported by Atlassian.
If you need specific help with this ticket, please reach out to the Atlassian HipChat Support team through https://support.atlassian.com/contact
To modify the desktop client settings, typically, a user needs to open the Hipchat client and change the server settings.
- This applies to Hipchat for Windows and Linux 2.x
You can add the server settings to *Hipchat.ini* file.
- You can create this file prior to opening Hipchat for the first time
- In Linux this file is located within /home/<user>/.config/Atlassian/Hipchat.ini
- Please note that in Linux this file isn't created until the Hipchat app is run for the first time, however this file can be manually created.
- In Windows this file is located within C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Atlassian\Hipchat.ini
Here's an example of what should be on the Hipchat.ini file
[General] hipChatComConnection=false hipChatServerHost=hcserver.domain.com
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article