Adding the Activity Stream Gadget
The Activity Stream gadget displays a summary of recent activity in particular projects (and/or by particular people) in which you are interested. This can include:
- Issues in your local JIRA Server system.
- Issues in another JIRA Server system, provided your administrator has configured a two-way Application Link ().
- Activity from another Atlassian application, such as:
- document updates (from Confluence)
- code commits (from FishEye)
- code reviews (from Crucible)
- builds (from Bamboo)
Note that this requires your administrator to configure a two-way Application Link, unless you are using Atlassian OnDemand.
- Activity from remote applications. Your administrator will need to set this up via the REST API or the provider plugin API, or locally via Java ().
The Activity Stream gadget also provides an RSS feed, allowing you to create very specific RSS feeds of only the information that is most relevant to you. Simply add the Activity Stream gadget to your dashboard, specify the people/projects of interest (see instructions below), then click the RSS icon:
What does it look like?
The Activity Stream gadget should appear as follows on the dashboard:
Adding the 'Activity Stream' gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click Add Gadget.
- The Gadget Directory will appear. Locate the Activity Stream gadget and click the Add it Now button. Then click the Finished button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Activity Stream gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- Title — type a heading for this gadget.
- Apply filters — by default, the gadget will display all activity for all projects. If you wish to refine this, select the Apply filterscheck-box, then select the '+' signs to filter the activity by:
- JIRA Issue Key
- Update Date
- Username — the user(s) whose activity you wish to monitor. You can specify multiple usernames delimited by spaces, e.g. "jsmith tjones dbrown".
- Available Streams — select the applications whose activity you wish to monitor. This can include Atlassian applications (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) as well as remote applications.
- Limit to _ items — type the number of activities that you want the gadget to display.
- Automatically refresh this activity stream — select this check-box if you want the gadget to update the displayed activity (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
To move the gadget to a different position on the dashboard, simply drag-and-drop. You can also change the look and behavior of the gadget.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!