Adding the Issue Statistics Gadget
For instance, a filter can be created to return all open issues from all projects. The gadget can then be configured to display these issues broken down by a field (e.g. Assignee).
What does it look like?
The Issue Statistics gadget should appear as follows on the dashboard:
Adding the 'Issue Statistics' gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Issue Statistics' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Issue Statistics gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Project or Saved Filter' — start typing the name of the project or filter, or click the 'Advanced Search' link to search for a project or filter.
- 'Statistic Type' — select the field (e.g. Assignee; Component; Priority; Resolution; etc) on which the issues will be grouped.
- 'Sort By' — select how to sort the values of your selected field:
- 'Natural' — this will use the field's native sorting order, e.g. for the "Assignee" field, the assignee names would be sorted alphabetically.
- 'Total' — this will sort by the number of issues that match each value, e.g. for the "Assignee" field, the assignee names would be sorted by the number of issues assigned to each person.
- 'Sort Direction' — select whether the field values should be sorted in Ascending or Descending order.
- 'Show Resolved Issue Statistics' — select whether the graph will include resolved issues (i.e. issues that have a Resolution).
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!