Adding the Projects Gadget
The Projects gadget provides information and various filters related to specified project(s) within JIRA.
What does it look like?
The Projects gadget should appear as follows on the dashboard:
The 'menu' icon provides links to the following, for each project:
- Summary — Shows recent activity in the project, plus a list of issues that are due soon.
- Issues — Shows summaries of: all issues in a project, grouped by Status; and unresolved issues, grouped by Assignee, Priority, Version and Component.
- Versions — Shows recent versions for a given project.
- Components — Shows all components in a given project.
The 'filter' icon provides links to the following issue filters in the Issue Navigator, for each project:
- Resolved recently
- Added recently
- Updated recently
- Assigned to me
- Most important
- Reported by me
Adding the 'Projects' gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Projects' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Projects gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Projects' and 'Categories' — select one or more projects (or 'All Projects') to display in the gadget. (Note: 'Categories' will only be shown if some have been defined in your JIRA system.)
- 'View' — select either 'Collapsed', 'Brief' or 'Detailed' to specify how much information fo display per project.
- 'Number of Columns' — select how the gadget will be formatted ( 1 column, 2 columns or 3 columns).
- 'Refresh Interval' — select how often you want the gadget to update the displayed activity (never / every 15 minutes / every 30 minutes / every hour / every two hours).
- Click the 'Save' button.
To move the gadget to a different position on the dashboard, simply drag-and-drop. You can also change the look and behavior of the gadget.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!