Adding the Two-Dimensional Filter Statistics Gadget
The Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget displays statistical data based on a specified issue filter, in a configurable table format.
For example, you could create a filter to retrieve all open issues in a particular project. You can then configure the gadget to display the statistical data on this collection of issues, in a table with configurable axes — e.g. Assignee versus Issue Type.
What does it look like?
The Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget should appear as follows on the dashboard:
Adding the Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget to your Dashboard
- Go to your JIRA dashboard and click 'Add Gadget'.
- The 'Gadget Directory' will appear. Locate the 'Two Dimensional Filter Statistics' gadget and click the 'Add it Now' button. Then click the 'Finished' button at the bottom of the Gadget Directory.
- The Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget will appear on your dashboard as follows, ready for you to configure:
- 'Saved Filter' — start typing the name of the filter, or click the 'Advanced Search' link to search for a filter/select one of your favourite filters/select a filter that you have created.
- 'X Axis' — select an issue field on which the X-axis will be based.
- 'Y Axis' — select an issue field on which the Y-axis will be based.
- 'Sort By' — select how to sort the values of your selected field:
- 'Natural' — this will use the field's native sorting order, e.g. for the "Assignee" field, the assignee names would be sorted alphabetically.
- 'Total' — this will sort by the number of issues that match each value, e.g. for the "Assignee" field, the assignee names would be sorted by the number of issues assigned to each person.
- 'Sort Direction' — select whether the field values should be sorted in Ascending or Descending order.
- 'Number of Results' — type the maximum number of rows that you want the gadget to display per page
- 'Refresh Interval' — select if you want the gadget to update automatically.
- Click the 'Save' button.
To move the gadget to a different position on the dashboard, simply drag-and-drop. You can also change the look and behavior of the gadget.
Notes about the 'X Axis' and 'Y Axis' variables:
- If choosing a custom field, please note that the following types of custom fields are supported by this gadget out-of-the-box: 'Group picker', 'Multi select', 'User picker', 'Select list' and 'Version picker'.
- If you are using JIRA Agile with JIRA:
- JIRA Agile 6.7.1 or later is required to choose the 'Sprint' field as a variable. Also, be aware that issues can span more than one sprint, so the total issues per sprint may not sum up to the total number of unique issues.
- JIRA Agile 6.7.4 or later is required to choose the 'Epic Link' field as a variable.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!