Allow editing of Closed Issues
By default, it is not possible to edit an issue while in the "Closed" state. If you would like to allow editing of closed issues, this can be done by editing the workflow (see Configuring Workflow), and removing the
jira.issue.editable flag from the Closed step. The steps are as follows:
- Find the active workflow that applies to the issues you wish change. This is most easily done by either:
- going to the 'Workflow Schemes' admin page, then clicking on the Workflow link in the row applying to the issues' project and issue type, or
- clicking View Workflowin the Issue View.
- To edit the workflow, you will need to either create a copy of it (if using the default
jirasystem workflow) or edit the draft of the workflow.
- In the Workflow Editor, for the 'Closed' step, click View Properties (in Text mode) or Properties (in Diagram mode) to see the step properties.
- If editing issues in the selected step is disabled, you will see a
jira.issue.editableproperty with value
false. Delete it, or set the property value to true.
- Publish your draft workflow, or if editing a copy, activate the workflow by creating a new workflow scheme associated with the edited workflow, and then associating it with your project.
This property and a number of others are also discussed at Workflow properties.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!