Caveats in using Firefox 3.6.0 with JIRA
A bug in Firefox 3.6.0 results in this browser version failing to submit form data to JIRA, resulting in data loss. For more information about this bug, please refer to the following links:
If you spend more than 5 minutes either creating or editing an issue in Firefox 3.6.0 and then attempt to submit the issue, you may lose all the data that you just entered or modified and the data changes will not be saved to JIRA. This Firefox 3.6.0 bug may also affect other JIRA screens on which form data has been left for more than 5 minutes.
This Firefox bug will affect you if the following points are true
- You are running Firefox 3.6.0 on Windows or Linux
- Your Firefox browser's proxy settings have been set to any of the following options:
- 'Auto-detect proxy settings for this network'
- 'Manual proxy configuration'
- 'Automatic proxy configuration URL'
How can I prevent this bug affecting me?
If you are using Firefox 3.6.0, there are two ways you can avoid this bug:
- Ensure Firefox's proxy settings have been set to 'No proxy'. (See below for details.)
- Upgrade Firefox to version 3.6.2.
Firefox did not officially release a '3.6.1' version.
To determine Firefox's current proxy settings:
- Click the 'Tools' menu in Firefox and then the 'Options' menu item, which opens the 'Options' dialog box.
- Click 'Advanced' and then select the 'Network' tab.
- Click the 'Settings' button, which opens the 'Connection Settings' dialog box.
- If 'No proxy' is selected in the 'Connection Settings' dialog box, then you do not need to take any further action.
- If any of the other options (listed above) are selected, your network administrator may require that your web browser be configured through a proxy server for Internet access. Please consult your network administrator about this issue before making any further changes to these settings.
- Click the 'Cancel' buttons to close the Firefox dialog boxes.
To set Firefox's proxy setting to 'No proxy':
- Open Firefox's 'Connection Settings' dialog box (as described above).
- Select the 'No proxy' option and click the 'OK' button.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!