JIRA 4.0 Beta 1 Release Notes
The Atlassian JIRA team is delighted to present a brand new version of one of the world's favourite issue-trackers.
Highlights of JIRA 4.0 Beta 1:
Thank you for your interest in JIRA 4.0 Beta 1
Highlights of JIRA 4.0 Beta 1
Charting Now Comes Standard
The following reports and gadgets from the Charting plugin have now been integrated into JIRA:
- "Average Age" report and gadget — Shows the average age (in days) of unresolved issues, e.g.:
- "Created vs Resolved Issues" report and gadget — Shows the number of issues created vs number of issues resolved over a given period of time.
- "Pie Chart" report and gadget — Shows the search results from a specified issue filter (or project) in a pie-chart, based on a statistic of your choice.
- "Recently Created Issues" report and gadget — Shows the rate at which issues are being created.
- "Resolution Time" report and gadget — Shows the average time taken to resolve issues.
- "Time Since Issues" report and gadget — Shows the number of issues for which your chosen date field (e.g. 'Created') was set on a given date.
Also, the "Resolved" field from the Charting plugin is now part of JIRA, so every issue now automatically has its resolution date recorded.
You can now give your project a visual identity, thanks to the introduction of project icons ('avatars'):
The new-look JIRA dashboard now uses industry-standard 'gadgets'. So you can add external gadgets to your JIRA dashboard, as well as displaying JIRA gadgets in other places (such as iGoogle).
What's happened to your favourite JIRA portlets? Don't worry: every portlet that previously shipped with JIRA has been converted to a 'legacy gadget'. And if you are a plugin developer and have created your own portlets, see the instructions for converting your portlets to gadgets.
The following new gadgets are available in Beta 1:
- 'Activity Stream' gadget (see below)
- 'Create Issue' gadget
- 'Filter Results' gadget
- 'Issue Completed This Iteration' gadget
For optimal experience of the new dashboard, please use Firefox 3.x. Support for other browsers will be added prior to the launch of JIRA 4.0.
"History" is now permanent
Your list of recently-viewed issues is now stored in JIRA's database — so it's available after you log out and back in, even if you use a different machine.
Plus over 150 other fixes and improvements
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!