Tips via Twitter
This page displays a continuously-updated list of tweets from Atlassians and others, giving hints and tips about JIRA issue tracker. Anyone can write a tip and have it show on this page. The live Twitter stream shows recent tweets containing the word 'JIRATips'or the tag '#JIRATips'.
Want to join in? Just tweet with the tag '
#JIRATips' somewhere in the text. Then grab a badge for your blog.
Viewing the Tweets in Twitter
If you prefer, you can view the search in Twitter itself.
Adding a JIRA Tweets Badge to your Blog
Would you like to let other people know that you tweet your JIRA tips? Use the code samples below to add a badge to your blog or another social site.
Choose one of these options to add the badge:
Copy the code below and paste it into your blog to include just the badge with a link to this documentation page:
Badge and words
Copy the code below and paste it into your blog to include the badge and some words encouraging other people to tweet too:
This is what you will get:
Adding your own Tip
Would you like to share your information and experiences via Twitter and have your tweet appear on this page? Awesome! Here are the full instructions.
To tweet a JIRA tip,
- Go to Twitter.com in your browser.
- If you already have a Twitter username, sign in to Twitter now. If you do not have a Twitter username, sign up for one and follow the Twitter instructions to confirm your account details.
- Enter your tip into the Twitter text box labelled 'What's happening'. Note that your tip can contain a maximum of 140 characters:
- Type the words for your tip.
- If you want people to click through to a web page to see more details about your tip, enter a web address. If the web address is long, you can convert it to a shortened address at bit.ly or one of the other web services that offer URL shortening.
- Include the key word
#JIRATipssomewhere in your tweet. This will ensure that your tip appears in the Twitter stream on this documentation page.
- Click 'Tweet' to send your tweet.
- Refresh this documentation page to see your tweet appear. It may take a few minutes, depending on the volume of tweets that Twitter is handling.
Other Sources of Information
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!