The JIRA API docs are available online. They are most useful for:
- users writing Plugins, Listeners and Services
- users with commercial licenses who wish to modify JIRA
- partners embedding JIRA as a J2EE component
Where can I find the API documentation?
- The API documentation can be found here: https://developer.atlassian.com/static/ (see JIRA section).
- Information about each of the remote APIs (REST, XML-RPC, JSON-RPC) can be found here: JIRA Remote API Reference.
- Please note, the API documentation is not available for download.
We also recommend that you refer to the developer resources available via this page: Development Resources.
Each of the "Preparing for..." pages provide helpful information for each JIRA version, such as change reports like this one: JIRA stable (Java) API changes for 6.0 (Clirr report).
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!