Browsing a Version's Bamboo Builds
If your organisation uses Atlassian's Bamboo and your administrator has integrated Bamboo with JIRA, JIRA enables you to view the Bamboo build plan status and recent build activity for a version of a project. The Builds tab provides you with a list of the builds which are related to the project version, including:
- The list of the builds related to the version, i.e. builds that have issues from the project version linked to them (either as 'Fixed' or 'Related'). See the Bamboo documentation for instructions on linking issues to builds.
- The latest status of the build plans for the related builds, i.e. the build plan contains a build that has a project issue linked to it. The status of a build plan for a version is determined as follows:
- If the project version has not been released — the build plan status is the status of the latest build in the Bamboo build plan, regardless of whether the latest build is related to the version (i.e. has issues from the project version linked to it).
- If the project version has been released — the build plan status is the status of the latest build in the Bamboo build plan, that is related to the version (i.e. has issues from the project version linked to it) and is prior to or equal to the release date (or current date, if there is no release date).
To view the Bamboo build information related to a version,
On the top navigation bar, click the white triangle next to Projects. The projects dropdown will display.
Tip: You can access your current project directly by simply clicking the Projects link instead of the triangle.
Click the project you wish to browse. If the project is not displayed in the dropdown, click View All Projects, which allows you to view a list of all accessible projects on your JIRA site, and select your project from there.
- Click Versions on the left to display the list of versions. Click the name of the version you wish to view.
- Click Builds to view the following information:
You will need the 'View Development Tools' permission in the appropriate projects, if you want to view the 'Builds' tab.
Viewing the Builds related to the Project Version
By default, Builds displays the related builds, ordered by build date in descending order.
Setting up an RSS feed to track Builds related to the Version
You can set up an RSS feed to track this information by clicking on the RSS icon . Each entry in the list will display information about the related build, including:
- the build name and name of the build plan
- when the build was last run
- summary information, such as related builds, duration of the build, tests passed
- build labels (if any)
- links to build artifacts (if any)
Viewing the Status of Build Plans related to the Project Version
To view the status of build plans related to the project version, click Latest plan status. The build plans listed show the status of the Build Plan, including information about the latest build in the plan (similar to the diagram above). Build plans will be sorted by plan name.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!