Created vs Resolved Issues Report
The 'Created vs Resolved Issues' report is a difference chart showing the number of issues created vs number of issues resolved over a given period of time. The report is based on your choice of project or issue filter, and the chart can either be cumulative or not.
On this page:
What does the 'Created vs Resolved Issues' report look like?
The report generated will look something like this:
Screenshot: 'Created vs Resolved Issues' report
Areas in red show periods where more issues were created than resolved. Areas in green show periods where more were resolved than created.
Generating a Created vs Resolved Issues report
- Navigate to the desired project.
- Choose Summary (tab) > Reports section > Created vs Resolved Issues Report.
- Click Select Filter or Project.
- The popup Filter or Project Picker will appear. Select the project, or issue filter, in which you are interested. You will then be returned to the form.
- In the Period field, select the timeframe on which the report will be based:
- In the Days Previously field, enter the number of days' worth of data (counting backwards from today) to be included in the report.
- In the Cumulative Totals? field, choose either:
- Yes to progressively add data to the preceding column; or
- No to show just a single value in each column.
- In the Display the trend of Unresolved? field, choose either:
- Yes to show the number of unresolved issues over time in a subplot; or
- No otherwise.
- In the Display Versions? field, choose either:
- All versions to show version release dates on the chart, for all released versions; or
- Only major versions to show version release dates on the chart, for released versions that are named 'x.x' only; or
- None to not show version release dates on the chart.
Configuring your Internet Explorer cache settings
If you use Internet Explorer, you will need to configure your browser to be able to print pages with charts correctly:
- Select 'Internet Options' from the 'Tools' menu:
- The 'Internet Options' window will display. Click the 'Settings' button in the 'Temporary Internet files' (i.e. cache) section:
- The 'Settings' window will display. Ensure that you have do not have the 'Every visit to the page' (i.e. no caching) option selected. If so, select the 'Automatically' option instead.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!