Creating an Issue
To create a new:
- Click Create at the top of the screen to open the Create Issue dialog box.
Keyboard shortcut: c
- Select the relevant Project and Issue Type on the Create Issue dialog box.
- Type a Summary for the issue and complete any appropriate fields — at least required ones which are marked by an asterisk.
If you want to access fields that are not shown on this dialog box or you want to hide existing fields:
- Click the Configure Fields button at the top right of the screen.
- Click Custom and select the fields you want to show or hide by selecting or clearing the relevant check boxes, respectively, or click All to show all fields.
When you next create an issue, JIRA remembers your last choice of selected fields.
- Optional: To create a series of similar issues – with the same Project and Issue Type – select the Create another check box at the bottom of the dialog.
- When you are satisfied with the content of your issue, click the Create button.
If you selected the Create another check box (above), a new Create Issue dialog appears. Depending on your configuration and the values you may have specified when creating previous issues, some of the fields in the new Create Issue dialog box may be pre-populated. Make sure you check they're all correct before creating the next issue.
- You can mention other users in the Description or Comment field so that an email message will be sent to the user's email address (registered with their JIRA account) upon clicking the Update button. See for details.
- In certain text fields for an issue, you can link to other issues, insert macros, insert images and more. For more information, see Editing Rich-Text Fields.
- To see a list of all issues that you have created, which have not yet been resolved, go to your user name and select Profile and on your profile, click Filters > Reported & Open.
- You may automatically become a watcher of the issues that you create, depending on the Autowatch setting in your user profile. Note, if you have not changed this setting, you will inherit the global Autowatch settings set by your JIRA administrator (in > System > User Preferences).
- With appropriate configuration by your JIRA administrator, it is also possible to create issues via email.
- If you are using agile Scrum boards for planning, you can easily add an issue to your backlog by using inline issue create.
Screenshot: Example 'Create Issue' dialog box