How to add comments to Excel export
You can get the comments for an issue by using the Word export feature or by subscribing to an RSS feed. However, you are not able to do so in an Excel export. To make this possible you will need an add-on.
1. Download and install the add-on
- If you wish to have only the last comment be included in the Excel export, you can use the Last Comment Plugin add-on
- If you wish to have one or more of the comments be included in the Excel export, you can use All comments plugin or the ServiceRocket JIRA Utilities add-on
- Some of the add-ons render the comment in HTML and the HTML appears in the Excel view. This problem can also occur if you display the comments in a Confluence page.
- The latest All Comments Plugin version only compatible up to JIRA 5.1
- All comments plugin has been tested in JIRA 5.2 and it is working, however the comment that is being imported is not rendered correctly in the Excel view.
2. After the install, you will require to add the Custom Field that comes with the add-on.
3. Include the custom field in the Issue Navigator.
4. Do an Excel export.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!