Logging in to JIRA
Many JIRA instances will have permissions implemented that restrict issues and issue actions to certain users and user groups. Some JIRA instances may not permit anonymous access. In these scenarios, you will be prompted to log in to JIRA.
The Login panel will be displayed if you have not logged in to JIRA.
On this page:
Log in to JIRA
- Enter your Username and Password and click the Log In button.
- If you have not changed your JIRA home page, the dashboard will be displayed. Otherwise, your chosen JIRA home page will be displayed instead.
- Selecting the Remember my login on this computer check box will prevent you from being automatically logged out of JIRA on a given browser and computer. However, your session will not be preserved, e.g. last search, current project, etc.
Cannot remember either your username or password
- Click Can't access your account?
- Fill in the fields on the 'Can't access your account?' page, as follows:
- If you cannot remember your password, select the Password option and Enter your username in the field provided.
- If you cannot remember your username, select the Username option and Enter your email address specified in your JIRA user profile.
- Click Send. A new password will emailed to the email address specified in your user profile.
If you have forgotten the email address specified in your user profile, you will need to contact your JIRA administrator for help.
Sign up for an account
If you do not have a user account and your JIRA administrator has enabled public signup, you can create your own user account.
- Click the Sign up link in 'Not a member? Sign Up for an account'.
- Enter your details.
- Click the Sign up button to create your account.