Simple Issue Tracking project
This project provides you with a quick and easy way to get JIRA up and running for simple issue tracking.
This project is aimed at users who want to track their issues through a simple three-step workflow, while taking advantage of JIRA's other powerful features. Later on, it's easy to extend to other, more complex workflows provided by JIRA.
To create a Simple Issue Trackingin JIRA, follow these instructions and be sure to select Simple Issue Tracking in Step 3.
- Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission.
- Choose Projects > Create Project.
- Choose the type of project that you want to create.
- Enter the project details. Note, choose the project key carefully, as it is not a simple task to change it after the project is created.
- Choose Submit to add the new project.
Details of this project template
You get the following three issue types:
- Parent types: New Feature, Task
- Sub-task type: Sub-Task
JIRA auto-creates an issue type scheme called <project key>: Simple Issue Tracking issue type scheme.
Simple Issue project workflow
This is what the project workflow looks like:
The Simple Issue project workflow operates as follows:
- Three statuses: To Do, In Progress and Done
- Uses the resolution: Done
JIRA auto-creates a workflow scheme called <project key>: Simple Issue Tracking workflow scheme.
Transitions have the following properties:
- When the 'Start Progress' transition is used the issue gets assigned to the current user.
- When the 'Reopen and Start Progress' transition is used the issue gets assigned to the current user.
- When any 'Done' transition occurs the resolution is set to Done.
- When the 'Reopen' transition occurs the resolution field is cleared.
- There are no transition screens.
- No Assignee transition conditions (apart from the permission scheme).
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!