Software Development project
This project provides you with a template to use for software development. It includes a simple workflow with statuses representing tasks that go through a development and review process. You can later customize this further to suit your team's evolving processes.
To create a Software Developmentin JIRA, follow these instructions and be sure to select Software Development in Step 3.
- Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission.
- Choose Projects > Create Project.
- Choose the type of project that you want to create.
- Enter the project details. Note, choose the project key carefully, as it is not a simple task to change it after the project is created.
- Choose Submit to add the new project.
Details of this project template
You get the following issue types:
- Parent types: Story, Task, New Feature and Bug
- Sub-task types: Sub-Task
JIRA auto-creates an issue type scheme called <project key>: Software Development issue type scheme.
Software Development project workflow
This is what the project workflow looks like:
The Software Development project workflow operates as follows:
- Four statuses: To Do, In Progress, In Review and Done
- Uses the resolution: Done
- All indicates that you can transition from any status to the associated status
JIRA auto-creates a workflow scheme called <project key>: Software Development workflow scheme.
Transitions have the following properties:
- When the 'Start Progress' or 'Start Review' transition is used the issue gets assigned to the current user.
- When the 'Reopen and Start Progress' or 'Reopen and start review' transition is used the issue gets assigned to the current user and the resolution field is cleared.
- When any 'Done' transition occurs the resolution is set to Done.
- When the 'Reopen' transition occurs the resolution field is cleared.
- There are no transition screens.
- No Assignee transition conditions (apart from the permission scheme).
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!