Uninstalling JIRA from Linux
This page describes the procedure for uninstalling JIRA, which had been installed using the Linux Installer.
If you wish to re-install JIRA in 'unattended mode', do not uninstall your previous installation of JIRA just yet. See Using the Silent Installation Feature for more information.
To uninstall JIRA from Linux:
- Open a Linux console.
- Change directory (
cd) to your JIRA installation directory. For example:
- Execute the command
This command must be executed as the same user account that was used to install JIRA with the Linux Installer.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall JIRA from your computer.
- All files within the JIRA Installation Directory will be deleted (with the exception of the Tomcat log folder located in the JIRA Installation Directory).
- The uninstaller will NOT delete:
- The JIRA database
- The JIRA Home Directory
- Log files that were generated while JIRA was running
- The uninstaller can be made to operate in unattended mode by specifying the -q option — i.e. uninstall -q
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!