Changes to issues in your new Jira experience
The new Jira experience changes how you view issues to make identifying and prioritizing your team's work faster and more meaningful.
Issue status colors
Color plays a large role in how teams scan and evaluate work. We expanded our color system to make it more flexible, comprehensive, and meaningful.
For example, we've updated how issue statuses are displayed by default:
- Gray indicates generic status. It's used for to-do, unavailable, minor or not started issue statuses.
- Green indicates success and celebration. It's used for available, done, approved, resolved, added and other successful issues statuses.
- Red indicates where there's a problem or something needs immediate attention. It's used for error, declined, failed, removed and critical issue statuses.
- Blue indicates items that are being worked on. It's used for in progress, open, or modified issue statuses.
- Yellow indicates items that may need attention or are stalled. It's used for busy, blocked, missing, or warning statuses.
A new way to view and edit issues
We're rebuilding your Jira experience from the ground up, so you'll see a new issue view when you open issues from a board.
What's in the new issue view?
Select an issue on a board and it opens in a dialog rather than a new tab. From there you can update (add attachments, add issue links, comment), watch, and transition the issue. Edit any field you see, and get right back to your board.
We've also simplified the issue view by grouping key actions together. Here's an example:
- Quick-add buttons: Add attachments, create subtasks, and link issues.
- Watch and more actions: Watch the issue, and perform other issue actions like move and clone.
- Transition issues: Quickly get from to-do to done, and any status or workflow step in between.
- Show more issue details: Reveal all issue fields, including fields that don't yet have values.
We're continuing to improve the new issue view, and we'd love to get your feedback. If you have something to share, click Give feedback and let us know what you think.
For more detailed information, and to be notified when there are updates, head over to The new Jira issue view.