You can add shortcuts to the project sidebar that link to information you think your team may find useful. When you add a link, it's available to all users who can access the project.
To add, delete or edit a link, you need to have the Jira Administrator permission or the Project Administrator permission. When adding or editing a link you also need to have the full web address, and you can optionally give it a label that will show in the project navigation sidebar. Labeling the shortcuts makes it easier to identify where the link will take you.
Add a shortcut
- Choose the Jira icon ( > Projects , , , or )
- Select a project
- Select Add item in the project navigation sidebar
- Enter the web address and name for your shortcut and select Add
Note that you must enter a valid web address that Jira recognizes. These must be prefixed with a valid URI. The valid URI's are listed below.
Edit or delete a shortcut
- Make sure the sidebar is expanded
- Click the edit pencil to the right of the shortcut
- Do either of the following:
- Edit the link details and select Save
- Select Delete
List of Valid URI's
"http://", "https://", "mailto:", "skype:", "callto:", "facetime:", "git:", "irc:", "irc6:", "news:", "nntp:", "feed:", "cvs:", "svn:", "mvn:", "ssh:", "itms:", "notes:", "smb:", "hipchat:"