Using JIRA Core for HR projects
About the recruitment template
- Easily track job candidates from application to offer
- Can be used by anyone for recruitment (not just HR people)
- You can modify the workflow to suit your recruitment process (e.g. to add additional interview stages)
Keep track of candidates
Create an issue for each candidate you are considering hiring, then track the progress of their recruitment on the board. At any time you'll be able to see who has been interviewed, who has been screened, etc.
Manage all the files
You can easily attach the relevant documents to the candidate's issue. Documents might include a resume, references, cover letter, portfolio, etc. You can also use internal comments to make notes about interviews and other contact.
Not all recruitment processes are the same everywhere. Here's some common ways HR teams change this template:
- Customize the issue workflow to suit your recruitment process. For example, you may want to record three rounds of interviews, such as pre-screening, then general, then shortlist interviews. Customizing your project.
- Create an issue for each role, then use sub-tasks to track candidates. This might be useful if you frequently have open roles an want to track overall recruiting in one place. See Creating and working with issues.
- Modify the board. Use the board to create the view you want of your recruitment stream. See Working with boards.