Using Jira Core for Legal projects
With your document approval project, you can:
- keep track of where each document is in the update and review process
- attach each reviewed version to an issue to keep track of the latest document changes
- easily see who's working a document and keep things moving through the review cycle
Treat each item as a document
You can treat each item that appears on your board as a document. This way you'll always know the status of each piece of work.
Set due dates
You can set a due date for each document and see how much time there is to go, or how overdue work is.
Use components to identify document groups
Jira Core comes with components. Components are like sections of a project.
You can use components to identify groups of issues (or documents) so they can be managed together. For example, you could create components for "Employee forms", "Company policies", "Customer policies", and anything else you need. You can even assign specific people or groups to be responsible for certain components.
- Add other issue types to manage the document creation process. For example, use tasks and subtasks to track scoping or research activities, or manage publication processes.
- Use custom fields to record additional information about a document, such as document location, future revision date, archive schedule, etc.
- Change the workflow of the Document issue type to suit the way your company updates documents.