Using Jira Core for Operations projects
About the template
- Ideal for projects of any size, any duration, and for any deliverable.
- Can be used to track milestones and set time limits for activities
- Easily customized to include additional steps, such as review, blocked, etc.
Stay on top of everything
You're able to view the status of every task on the board, including who is working each thing, and if it is overdue.
Add milestones using versions
Projects often have 'checkpoints' or milestones that need to be reached in order to keep the broader project on track. In Jira Core you can use versions as milestones. Once you've set up version, you can organise work into different versions.
Report back to management
Projects are usually made up of well-defined, specific, measurable activities that have one major deliverable or goal. This makes project reporting even more critical to ensuring things get delivered on time. Jira Core includes built-in reporting, but you can also use your dashboard, and custom filters based on your searches to monitor activities.
- Adding additional steps to the workflow (such as approvals), to fit the way a project works.
- Changing the layout of tasks to capture specific information.
- Use labels to track groups of issues related to project phases or workstreams.