Viewing a project's issues
Open the project issue navigator
- the Jira icon (, , , or) > Projects > Issues
- Choose an issue filter, like All issues to view all issues in the project
- Select an issue from the list to open it
We're refreshing the Issues section of your projects. It has a new, cleaner look and includes the new Jira issue view to help you quickly find and update important issue details.
Note: Create issue, list sorting, and navigation with keyboard shortcuts aren't available in the new issue navigator just yet, but we hope to add them very soon. The in the sidebar is always there for when you need to create new issues.
If you need to refine your search, click Advanced search at the top-right of the page. It'll let you search through all issues on your site (not just the project you were in).
If you customize the search and you'd like to come back to it later, click Save as at the top-left to save your search as a filter. It'll appear in the sidebar so you can select it later.
View issues on a board
You can also view issues on the project's board.
- the Jira icon (, , , or) > Projects, select a project, then choose Board
If you know the issue name or key, type it in the search field, or use the quick filters to narrow the list further (by assignee or most recently updated, for example).
- Click an issue to open it
- Quick-add buttons: Add attachments and subtasks, and link issues.
- Watch and more actions: Watch the issue, and perform other issue actions like move and clone.
- Transition issues: Quickly get from to-do to done, and any status or workflow step in between.
- Show more issue details: Reveal all issue fields, including fields that don't yet have values.