Allowing OAuth access
Issuing OAuth access tokens
To allow a gadget to access the same JIRA data that you can, JIRA issues it an OAuth access token. The OAuth token is unique to the gadget.
- When you use a JIRA gadget on a consumer (such as Bamboo) and this gadget requires access to your JIRA data, you will be prompted to log in to JIRA if you have not already done so.
- After you log in to JIRA, you will be prompted with a Request for Access message:
- To issue the OAuth token and grant the gadget access to your JIRA data, click Allow. The gadget can access your JIRA data until you revoke the token.
- To view tokens you have issued, go to your Profile >
Revoking OAuth access tokens
You can revoke an OAuth access token to deny a JIRA gadget access to your JIRA data. When you revoke access, the gadget can only access public data on your JIRA instance.
- Choose your user name at top right of the screen, then choose Profile.
- Click > View OAuth Access Tokens.
- The Authorized Applications page displays a list of your OAuth tokens.
- Next to the application whose OAuth access you wish to revoke, click Revoke Access.
- You may be prompted to confirm this action. If so, click OK.
The gadget's access token is revoked and the JIRA gadget can only access public JIRA data.