Setting up your site
- Setting up your site
- Creating a project
- Adding new users
- Managing permissions
You'll need your own JIRA Core Cloud site for this tutorial. Let's get you set up with a JIRA Core Cloud site. JIRA Core Cloud is our hosted JIRA Core offering, and you'll be up and running with your own JIRA Core site in a few minutes without installing a thing! If you have a JIRA Core Cloud site already, you can skip this step and go straight to step 2 by clicking the Next button below.
Sign up for JIRA Core Cloud
Signing up for JIRA Core Cloud will provide you with a fully-functional JIRA Core Cloud site. You'll be able to use this site to evaluate JIRA Core for your team's needs.
- Open this link in a new tab to view the Atlassian Cloud site signup page.
- Follow the signup form steps to enter your site URL and admin username.
- Once you have completed the signup process, grab a quick coffee (or tea, if that's your preference) — it will take about 10 minutes for your JIRA Core Cloud site to be created.
When your site is ready, access it via your browser using the site address that you entered when signing up (e.g. https://mytrial.atlassian.net). Log in to your new site using the administrator credentials that you entered when signing up (e.g. jsmith).
Set up your new site
In this step, you will be changing the site logo and the color scheme for your JIRA Core Cloud site. You can change the color scheme, logo, date format, and more, to enhance the branding of your organization or make it consistent with other systems.
- Select > System.
- Scroll down to the User Interface section and select Look and feel.
- Choose a logo image file or URL to upload. Note that this logo will appear in the top left corner of your site.
- Select Upload Logo. Your logo will be uploaded and the the color scheme for your site will be automatically updated to match the logo color scheme. You can manually change your color scheme in the Colors section of this page.
- Scroll down to the Date/Time Formats section to select your preferred format. We'll keep the other look and feel settings the same for now.
Success! You now have a new JIRA Core Cloud site set up. Now, let's create a project for your team.
Was this helpful?
Thanks for your feedback!