Managing your user profile
Editing your user details
In the Details section on the Summary page, click the edit iconat the top-right of the section to edit your display name, email address, and password. If your JIRA administrator has configured the user directory with external password management, the Change Password link will not be available.
Changing your avatar
Select enabled Gravatar for user avatars, your Gravatar (i.e. the Gravatar associated with the email address in your user profile) will automatically be set as your user avatar. If Gravatar has been enabled, you will not be able to choose JIRA -specific user avatars and vice versa. using Gravatar.com. If Gravatar has been disabled, you can choose your user avatar from the ones pre-packaged with JIRA or upload your own.or your current avatar to change the image that appears next to your name in JIRA. If your administrator has
- Your cropped image is resized to 48x48 pixels before it is saved as your new custom user avatar.
- A separate 16x16 pixel version of your custom user avatar will be generated for use in comments.
- Custom user avatars can only be selected by the user who uploaded them.
Choosing your homepage
Your JIRA home page is the JIRA page you are presented with immediately after you log in.
You can configure the following JIRA pages as your JIRA home page:
- The Dashboard
- The Issue Navigator
- The Rapid Board (available if you're using JIRA Software)
- Click on your profile icon at the top right of the screen.
- Select the appropriate home page option within the My JIRA Home section:
- Issue Navigator
- Rapid Board (available if you're using JIRA Software)
- (Optional) To verify that your JIRA home page has been reset, log out and log back in to JIRA again. You should be taken directly to the JIRA home page you selected in the previous step.
Managing email notifications
In the Preferences section on the Summary page, click the edit iconat the top-right of the section to open the Updated User Preferences dialog box. You can then manage the following:
- Change the Email Type to change the format (plain text or HTML) in which JIRA sends its outgoing email notifications.
- In My Changes, Choose between making JIRA send you email notifications about issue updates made by either both you and other people ( Notify me ) or other people only (i.e. Do not notify me ).
Managing your user preferences
The global defaults for most of the user preferences below can be set by your JIRA administrator; however, you can override these default settings by changing the following:
- The Page Size, or number of issues displayed on each Issue Navigator page
Your preferred language from the drop-down list. If you don't see your preferred language in the list, see Translating JIRA for more information.
- Your time zone specified in your profile doesn't match the time zone of the computer you are working on, JIRA will ask if you want to update this selected time zone setting. All time fields in JIRA will now be displayed in your preferred time zone.
- Choose the default Sharing setting for when you create new filters and dashboards, which can be either shared with all other users ( Public ) or restricted.
- Choose to enable or disable JIRA's keyboard shortcuts feature.
- Choose between allowing JIRA to make you an autowatcher of any issue that you create or comment on.
Managing service desk preferences
Service desk agents can enable or disable the Pre-populated commenting field by editing their user profiles. This setting can help save time by pre-filling conversation greeting text when agents comment on customer issues. When enabled the following text appears in the comment field and in the email notification sent to customers:
Managing your OAuth and login tokens
An OAuth access token is issued by JIRA to give gadgets access to restricted data on an external, OAuth-compliant web application or website (also known as a "consumer"). Check out Allowing OAuth access for recommendations on when to issue or revoke OAuth access tokens.
If you are accessing your JIRA applications in a public environment, you can clear you login tokens by clicking the Clear all Tokens link in the Details section of your Profile.