Accessing the Issues summary page information when using the project sidebar
This KB article relates to versions of JIRA which have the new project centric navigation, and cannot directly access the Issues summary page. We are working on a resolution, and you can follow the public issue here - JRA-42201Getting issue details... STATUS . When this issue is resolved, JIRA Cloud customers will be updated automatically, and JIRA Server customers can update to the relevant production version of JIRA Server.
- Select a project from the Project drop-down. The new Summary page displays for JIRA only users. Users with Agile will be taken to either the last Agile board visited linked to that project or the first listed board (descending alpha-numeric) linked to that project if none have been viewed previously.
- Click the Issues link in the project sidebar.
Expected result - The Issue summary page displays with links to specific issue filters and a summary of issue statistics for the project.
Actual result - An embedded issue navigator displays with a drop-down to select the same specific issue filters that were displayed as links on the Issues summary page. There is no summary of issue statistics.
We are improving the JIRA user experience and have implemented Project centric navigation. This new navigation pattern has replaced the link to the Issue summary page with an embedded issue navigator.
This change has been implemented as default behavoiur as of JIRA Server 6.4 and JIRA Cloud 6.4-OD-15.
Most users will find that the information they previously obtained from the Issues summary page is now available in a different format in the Releases page of their sidebar. Here you can see the number of issues per version, and what state they are in (To do, In progress, Done etc.). If you do require an exact replacement for the information previously available, we suggest workaround 1.
Suggested workaround 1: You can create a dashboard that includes all the former Issues summary page statistics, and add it as a project shortcut to your project sidebar.
- Click the Dashboards drop-down and select Manage Dashboards.
- Click Create new dashboard. Enter the details for your new dashboard, including if you'd like to share it with members of your team. Remember to select the Share option and Add it.
- Your new dashboard appears in a list. Select the cog icon and then select Edit. This will allow you to add gadgets to the dashboard.
- Click the Add a new gadget link. The Add a gadget window displays.
- Find the Issues Statistics gadget and click Add gadget. This adds one gadget to your dashboard. You can continue to add gadgets until you've added as many as you need, then close the window.
- To add the issue statistics you need, follow the instructions below. If you do not need all the statistics, only add gadgets for the ones you need.
|Issue summary page statistic||How to add the Issue Statistics gadget to show this|
Unresolved: By Priority
|Unresolved: By Assignee|
|Unresolved: By Component|
7. Once you've added all the issue statistics you need and set up the dashboard as you'd like it to display. Switch the view from Activity to Statistics then you can copy the link in the address bar and add it as a project shortcut to your project's sidebar.
Image showing statistics added for a project
Workaround 2: Opt-out of the new project centric experience (not available for JIRA Server 7.x)
You can opt-out of the new project centric navigation experience, but bear in mind that this is only opt-out for a limited period. The sidebar will become the only view in JIRA shortly. We are also working on adding the issues summary page back into JIRA, and you can follow this issue to see when this will happen. - JRA-42201Getting issue details... STATUS
To opt-out on an individual basis (only available if allowed by your JIRA admin, see below)
Was this helpful?Yes Provide feedback about this article